For manufacturing companies
Application for quick and easy displaying of required and necessary documents in production.
Ki-Wi Guide is an interactive application intended for employees in production departments of industrial and manufacturing companies.It is used for digital viewing of necessary production documentation and other related information, such as safety instructions or production procedures and tutorials. It reduces the expenses on print and saves time spent on updates and distribution of the documents to individual workplaces on the shop floor, because the documents can be found in one place in digital form and are always up-to-date. To use the Ki-Wi Guide application directly on the shop floor, it is possible to choose suitable hardware equipment from our offering of information kiosks.
The following previews of the Ki-Wi Guide application describe its functions by an example of exemplary manufacturing company.
1. Fast Viewing
Easy, fast and online viewing of documents needed on the shop floor.
Viewing of folders and documents is secured against unauthorized use.
3. Simple Management
Transparent and simple management of displaying and arranging folders and documents in an information kiosk/terminal by connecting to a company network drive.
Support of PowerPoint presentations and their full content (e.g. videos).
5. Remote Control
Remote document updating from one place.
6. Direct Access
Using an information kiosk/terminal, the application can be placed directly into the production department, mainly for the workers without access to a computer.
Replacement of paper documents – saving time and expenses on print and distribution.
8. Employee Identification
Users accessing information can be identified by using employee cards.
The recipient can be asked to verify (confirm) having read and agreed to the displayed information and the verification can be automatically saved into a relevant database (historical information).
The application Ki-Wi Guide enables integration with used business tools such as:
- Calendar – e.g.outlook – aplication enables to load data from corporate calendar and their displaying on infokiosk
- Email – the ability to send e-mails from infokiosk to individuals or group of workers via several categories e.g. questionnaire, feedback, etc.
- Network drive – aplication also enables sharing of pictures, photos or other content in supporting formats, which it is saved on network drive to be available for workers without access to PC
- Excel – application is able to connect to the data from Excel and display them through tables in a clear and understandable form
- RSS/XML – connection to news or updates to display them in a shortened form through window for quick selection of interesting news
- Staff – application is able to identify employees through several identification ways e.g. smart card or fingerprint and view personalized data such as sickdays, holidays, working days, etc.
- Statistics – application also provides information about using of infokiosk for business purposes of a company
By employing 12 interactive information kiosks, the company Johns Manville improved communication with workers in the production department and their awareness.
An information kiosk with the interactive application Ki-Wi Guide for the industrial company KYB Manufacturing.